Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, May 27, 2011

Amherst, Williams Win NCAA Division III Titles; My D-I Recap

Before third round action begins Friday in Palo Alto, I wanted to pass along these links.

The Williams women won their fourth consecutive NCAA Division III title (USC men are on notice) yesterday, beating Amherst 5-4, in a match that came down to a tiebreak in the deciding match, just as the Florida-Stanford women's D I final did. For more, see ncaa.com.

The Amherst men, who lost in the finals the last two years, beat Emory 5-2 to claim the championship. For more, see ncaa.com.

My recap of the NCAA Division I team championships for Tennis Recruiting Network can be found here.

2 comments:

Amherst fan said...

What a run for the Amherst team and one of the best college coaches in the nation in Chris Garner. Three straight trips to the finals and a win this year!

Eric Amend said...

Congrats to Chris Garner and Amherst!!