Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, September 17, 2010

Looking Back at U.S. Open Junior Championships, Plus Slideshow

New York is a place of constant distractions, many of them welcome. You never quite know who you'll run into around the outer courts, in the media center or in the seemingly endless corridors underneath Ashe. This is a preface to my recap of the U.S. Open Junior championships for the Tennis Recruiting Network, which is not my traditional narrative, but rather a dozen items about the tournament this year. If you think Jack Sock, the first U.S. boys champion in a decade, isn't given his due, don't worry; I'm writing a recruiting profile on him next week.

The photographs in the slideshow below are all the work of my husband, Paul Ballard. I truly appreciate his efforts all week and am grateful that I have a photo of every junior player who participated in the Open this year thanks to him. There is no YouTube video from this tournament, because the USTA prohibits anyone but their rights holders from taking video of actual competition.


0 comments: