Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Nationals Winners

I've never been to the Winter Nationals, because of its location and timing, so the attached photos of (most of) yesterday's winners and finalists are from my photo archives. I've tried to clearly label the year and tournament where they were taken. As I've mentioned before, there's almost no local newspaper coverage in Scottsdale and Tucson, so this slideshow is about all I can contribute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the players going to Europe should have been chosen on their performance throughout the year and ranking. It is not fair to base the decisions on a two day playoff where one may or may not play well. What about Mitchell Krueger? His performance in the tournaments all year should have given him a spot. He had a great National Hardcourts and good wins in the Clays as well as the ITF's. He is ranked in the top 20 in 14's. What more would you want? Also, his game is geared for what the USTA wants in the future. The girls from what I understand were chosen and did not have to playoff. This playoff thing needs to stop. Reward the kids on their performance throughout the year. I agree with the other comments, Part of this selected team is weak and I do not think will have a good showing for the US.

Anonymous said...

Damn good point! This is one reason why some of the former pros are telling parents of promising kids to stay away from the USTA High Performance program. There seems to be no leadership at the higher echelons of the USTA. It would appear the coaches for the girls have their act together.