Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Klahn to Stanford; Twenty Junior Matches Moved to Southlands College

©Colette Lewis 2007--
London--

I've already used my umbrella (or "brolly" as it's known here) once this morning, so the prospect for getting all 64 first round junior matches in today is dim, but the sun is shining at the moment, so we may actually see some play.

Three U.S. juniors that I won't see today are Madison Brengle, Mateusz Kecki and Veronica Li, whose matches have been moved to Southlands College. I'm not sure how the results from those matches will be reported--it's unlikely that there will be live scoring--but I'll try to find out.


Those of you who read my Tennis Recruiting Network recruiting profile of Bradley Klahn know that as of two weeks ago, he was entertaining any and all options for college in the fall of 2008. That changed over this past weekend, when he verbally committed to Stanford.

Because nothing is official until the early signing period in November, Stanford can't comment, but I received this statement from Bradley via email.

"I am very excited for the opportunity to play for Coach Whitlinger and Coach Hodge at Stanford. The combination of academics and tennis made Stanford the best fit for me and allows me to stay on the west coast. The winning tradition is very impressive, the facilities are first rate and I am looking forward to being part of this great program."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colette-2nd request

How would a person be able to change from anonymous to a named blogger? What exactly is the procedure? Does it involve CHOOSE AN IDENITY, as found below the LEAVE YOUR COMMENT SECTION? Will the person's identity still be a secret, even to you?
thanks in advance

Colette Lewis said...

Yes, as of now, to go by a name, you select OTHER under Choose an identity. If I change my policy and prohibit anonymous comments, you will need to have a google or blogger ID to post.

Anonymous said...

I heard Thacher and Steve Johnson are also going to
Stanford . If it's true, they will have a good team .

Anonymous said...

Steve Johnson is definitely not going to Stanford. I am not sure where yu heard that from. He'll most likely go to USC. And Thacher is Harvard, Duke, or Stanford.