Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, October 30, 2006

Bowles Chooses Seminoles



©Colette Lewis 2006

Tampa's Clint Bowles, one of the top seniors in the country, has decided to head north to Tallahassee to play tennis for the Seminoles of Florida State.

Bowles, who turns 18 next month, took his official visit to the FSU campus two weekends ago, when the feature attraction was the football game against Boston College.

"It was my first college football game," said Bowles, who was accompanied by his parents, "and the atmosphere was amazing; everything was just awesome."

Bowles took an unofficial visit to the University of Florida and an official visit to the University of Georgia, but Florida State won out for a number of reasons.

"I've got a lot of buddies there," he said, naming Bradley Mixson, a frequent doubles partner in the juniors and Michael O'Shea, another Florida sectional rival. "I felt comfortable there. I know Nick (Crowell, assistant coach) and Dwayne (Hultquist, head coach) will do everything they can to help my game. And the academic support they have is great."

Bowles expects to sign his National Letter of Intent next week, and may begin taking classes this summer, in preparation for reaching his goals.

"I want to keep my GPA at 3.0, keep improving in tennis, and get in the best shape I can physically," he said. "I think Florida State's the best place for me."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

clint will bea good addition to the team. Does anyone have any information obout Chris Chiricos decision to play for Yale?

Anonymous said...

I know there has been a lot of discussion on here regarding Ryan Sweeting's status. I spoke with him tonight before his match with Amer Delic, a 6-4,6-4 Delic victory and he told me he has turned pro. Tonight was his first match as an offical pro.

FYI, Matt Bruch has/had a broken hand, he did not turn pro. I had also seen that posted on here in recent weeks.

Anonymous said...

damn bowles is do good the kid does not miss a ball unless he tanks. watch out FSU is going to be ranked VERY high soon cuz of their depth

Anonymous said...

Good luck Clint! College is the correct path. With FSU's new indoor complex in the works they will be a force in the very near future.