Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Thacher Leads SoCal



The Los Angeles Daily News' Erik Boal has the scoop on what used to be Jr. Davis Cup and is now called the USTA 18-and-under boys National Team Championships. Ryan Thacher, 16, played in the Intersectionals for Southern Cal, which is the 16-and-under mixed team competition and is now trying to lead his section to another title in the space of a month. Marcia Frost is covering the action for collegeandjuniortennis.com.

I thought my radio segment today on tennislive.com went well; it was great to have an opportunity to talk about junior and college tennis and to get some publicity for this site and the Smash online column. Todd Skovron knows his stuff and I hope to be asked back soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

collette,

is there a web site to follow the team tournament at illinois. i cant seem to find anything. thank you.

Colette Lewis said...

I haven't been able to find anything either.

Anonymous said...

College and Junior tennis has the event covered:

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.com/USTANationalTeamBoys18s0706.htm

Colette Lewis said...

I knew Marcia Frost was covering the event (wasn't quite sure when she was arriving), and then I forgot to check out her site. I hope she'll understand . I'm pleading pre-Kalamazoo stress.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colette,

I am trying to get some early results of TennisEurope Junior action in Bournemouth, England which starts to-day (Monday). LTA results do not have it. It is 85 Bournemouth Open and is on the grand prix Circuit.

Regards
Paul.

Colette Lewis said...

Can anyone help Paul out?