Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, June 5, 2006

First Combined NCAA Championships a Rousing Success:: TennisRecruiting.net


If my daily coverage of the NCAAs was too much and my SMASH online column about it not enough, maybe my tennisrecruiting.net wrap-up will be, Goldilocks style, "just right." With that article's publication today, I'm officially finished with NCAA Divison I Championship stories.

I also want to make sure you are aware that Steve Tignor of Tennis Magazine is blogging this week at the French Open, and you can be sure he'll watch some junior tennis there. In fact, he already has. Here's his post from Monday, which has some very cogent observations about juniors.

I'm still waiting for the official Roland Garros site to acknowledge that juniors are playing tennis on their courts, but Eleanor Preston's ITF roundup is here. Today's big development? Stefan Edberg will remain the last junior boy to win all four junior slams in one year. Alexandre Sidorenko, this year's Australian Junior champion, lost his first round match.

0 comments: