Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, June 7, 2005

'Sco' holds court in Woodland (Daily Democrat)


Daily Democrat Online - Sports
-- 'Sco' holds court in Woodland
--
I'm on record as a big fan of Scoville Jenkins, and I've read more than a few stories about him, but this is an exceptionally good one. He and his father, also named Scoville, have some refreshing comments about the role of race in tennis in this piece.

And the Jimmy Connors anecdote is new to me. I had never heard of this ‘Star Search‘ roadshow he conducted.

Unfortunately, Jenkins didn't make it out of qualifying for the Futures in Woodland and so he starts over again next week. But I can't fathom him getting downhearted or discouraged. He'll just work harder.

0 comments: