Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Saturday, April 2, 2005

Luxilon Cup Finals --juniortennis.com


Luxilon Cup Finals -- Annie Paton juniortennis.com--

Somehow I've managed to write about junior tennis for nearly three months now without mentioning or linking to juniortennis.com. It's time to go on the record with my flat-out awe at what Annie Paton and Barbara Frongello do to keep the world informed about junior tennis. There is no ITF event so obscure that they don't have access to its results. Draws, rankings, profiles, photos--all of the information is posted less than 24 hours after it happens, and often considerably sooner than that. The breadth and depth of what they do is a godsend for me and for anyone who needs an accurate, reliable source on junior tennis.

I don't think they have been recognized nearly enough (are you listening USTA?) for what they've contributed to the sport. Barbara is the photographer, and it's great that the ITF and USTA are now using some of her photos. Annie does all the writing. I know when I read one of her stories that the quotes are accurate and the match analysis superb. This piece is a fine example of her many strengths.
Patonusopen04

Barbara and Annie will be in California for both ITF events there, so I'm looking forward to swapping information with them and watching them in action. I'm still learning about the world of junior tennis, and I am fortunate to be able to follow their trailblazing path.

0 comments: